We currently offer three programs for adults who want to improve their educational skills through the Nova Scotia School of Adult Learning. Adult learners should be 19 years or older and out of school for at least a year. Exceptions may be made depending upon circumstances.
- Level Up : For learners with grade 8 or less who want to upgrade their basic skills. We offer Nova Scotia Adult Learning Program (ALP) instruction from Level 1 to III.
- GED Preparation: The General Educational Development (GED) is a high school equivalency test that assesses knowledge of and skills in math, English writing and grammar, reading, social studies and science.
- Adult Learning Program (ALP) IV: For learners with grade 9 or higher. These classes enable you to complete your high school diploma. ALP IV are taught by Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) instructors in Antigonish.
We also offer other educational and training supports for adults regardless of their educational background and career goals including:
- Literacy and Numeracy Instruction : One-on-one sessions offered on a flexible schedule.
- Specific Skill Development : Small classes or one-one-one tutoring for specific subjects upon request.