We are now registering learners for the 2020-2021 academic year. Due to COVID 19 regulations we are working to ensure that health and safety standards are maintained. Intakes and registration will be done by appointment. To get started email email@example.com or call us at 902 863 3060
The Antigonish County Adult Learning Association (ACALA) is a community, not-for-profit organization. We have provided adult and family learning opportunities in the Anitgonish area since 1994. Our main office is located in the People’s Place Library in the town of Antigonish, but we regularly provide programs in a variety of sites in Antigonish County. We believe “everyone is a lifelong learner”.
ACALA’s mission statement and mandate include the following goals:
- to support and promote lifelong learning
- to promote literacy networking and awareness
- to encourage and support learning initiatives in partnership with adult learners, volunteers, educators, school boards, government departments and other community organization
ACALA encourages learners to create their own paths to learning in order to meet individual learning goals. Learners come from all walks of life with a wide variety of goals. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Achieving high school diploma or high school equivalency (GED)
- Upgrading courses to qualify for secondary education
- Learning to Learn Online
- Learning employability skills
- Gaining job-related certificates and skills
- Improving English as a Second Language skills
- Gaining computer competency for the workplace or life skills
We believe in meeting learners where they are, and helping them design the learning plan that will meet their individual needs.